Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Confession of a Covenant-Breaker


I have reserved myself for myself and those who are mine.
Abba forgive me!

I go where life takes me, and stand with those who I like.
Abba forgive me!

I resent Your commission, because I try to avoid suffering.
Abba forgive me!

I look out for myself and my family; I have laid You aside.
Abba forgive me!

I hunger and never have enough, yet I am full of myself.
Abba forgive me!

I "need" everything that I see advertised - I fear deprivation.
Abba forgive me!

I hold on to all I have accumulated, for I worked hard for it!
Abba forgive me!

Even so, O Glorious and Blessed One,
They-the-Three, give Themselves to me,
While claiming me as Their own child?

I don't know why, but let it be.
The vow I make here on Earth,
Has been stamped in Heaven.

Abba forgave me.
Abba forgives me.
Amen and AMEN.



(Taken from a Covenant Prayer in the Weslyan Tradition; UMH #607)





(photography by tiwago)

Christ the King Sunday

The last Sunday of the Church's year. The Sunday before Advent. As a convert (2003), I had always assumed that Christ the King Su...