Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Because Men "Were" Jerks


How much do you want to be 
My goatherd and shepherd?
I want your youngest daughter!
Because men were jerks back then.
The oldest daughter had spooky eyes,
But the young one was a looker!
Because men were jerks back then.
Sure, said the girl's father - for seven years!
Because men were jerks back then.
After seven years came the wedding night.
Only after a night of passion and exploration,
He discovered he'd slept with the wrong one!
Because men were jerks back then.
The father secretly had swapped them,
To unload the unmarketable old-maid !
Because men were jerks back then.
Uncle, I didn't work my ass off for her!
You cheated me out of my payment!
I'll tell you what I'll do, just for you,
I have a two-for-one sale going on;
As soon as your honeymoon is over,
You can then take them both!
Because men were jerks back then.
For the simple payment terms of 
Seven more years of herding!
Because men were jerks back then.
You have a deal, the young man said!
Because men were jerks back then.


Tiwago
Genesis 29:15-28



(photography by tiwago)

I Asked a Flower

I was hiking Beneath a hot September sun - I was sweating, And meditating; When lo I came Upon a brightly Burning bush! So, I sa...