Thursday, June 29, 2017

Called to Shine!


When I hear of young black men brutalized, stigmatized, and warehoused; 
When I hear of women being objectified, commodified, and subjugated;
When I hear of the elderly, the children, and the poor being used and abused;
When I hear of those protesting against a system of injustice being beaten and gassed;
When I hear the ensuing silence...
I think upon Jesus.



At night, in the dark, Jesus was arrested;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, Jesus was tortured;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, Jesus was mocked;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, Jesus was denied;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, Jesus was put on trial;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, Jesus was convicted;
But Jesus was the Light.
At night, in the dark, the tomb was sealed.

But,

At dawn, in the light, the tomb was empty.

We have been called to reflect the Light.
We have been called to be the Light.
We have been called to reveal the Light.


Tiwago



Christ the King Sunday

The last Sunday of the Church's year. The Sunday before Advent. As a convert (2003), I had always assumed that Christ the King Su...