Saturday, October 30, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
- First, there is a Jobian assumption that whatever lack of blessings someone else may exhibit is due to God’s withholding it. The leap that is made is that the other is being punished for some sin, or that they don’t deserve it!
- Second, there is a comparative judgment involved. I am better than the other.
- Third, there is an assumption that earthly blessings predict heavenly blessings, and that wealth and status here matters.
- Fourth, there is an implication the other has no reason to thank God! We are deciding now who can worship and praise their God and maker?
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- How many of us miss out because we listen to others or depend upon their support and give up the race before the starting gun even sounds? If I had really tried, I could have found a way to be on the team!
- How many of us do only that which will gain us human applause? Home-field heroes, but road-wrecks!
- How many of us have a hard enough time just standing up (let alone run anymore) and quit the race before the finish line? The “been-there-done-that”s who feel they’ve served their time in teaching Sunday-school, in ministry, in service, in life.