Naked thoughts on 1 Kings 3:5-12:
God asked Solomon (a test?) what he wanted from God. Solomon asked for the wisdom to be a good shepherd and leader. God was proud of him, and graced him with the gift of deep discernment. No one has or has ever had such a rare gift to such a degree. Yet the Bible shows us that Solomon made many poor choices later on.
1. Did the King lose the gift, or did he quit using it?
2. Is there a gift that I pay for daily?
3. Are there gifts that I have quit using?
4. Does "use it or lose it" apply to grace?
5. Salvation is a grace, can we lose our salvation?